Saturday, March 5, 2011

Alive and Well!

Hi All - Tracey here again with a quick update.  Actually, I'm just going to paste an excerpt from her letter today.  She'll write again as soon as she is able. 

We just got internet today, and it's not working too great. There is
supposed to be someone in the church that can help us, but so far we
can't get skype, and the service is very slow. We paid for 512/128; that was quite expensive, but we were hoping for better service. Anyhow, Kristine and I are getting settled into the house. It's an African style house, but the master bedroom has A/C, and KM said I can have it for the first 3 months, then we'll trade.
The Luthers have been fantastic - taking us around and helping us to
get things set up/ bought, etc. The Consfords have helped where they
can, but their car is broken down. I think it got fixed today.
I've seen a lot of American food stuff, but anything western is
expensive. I'll do my best to keep up with you all, but we have to play around
for a while to improve things. The Luthers have an internet stick and
that seems to work okay for them. But, I've been told Skype simply
doesn't work here. :(  I need your prayers - it's stinking hot
- God's giving strength.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. That would be a big change going from Pa. to Africa! Be safe out there.
    Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete