Monday, March 7, 2011

It's the real Becky Pope!


This time it’s me.  We don’t have the best connection, but I’m learning to write things out and paste it! 
Our trip from Accra to Takoradi was uneventful, but I understand why they prefer not to drive at night.  The highway is in great condition – beats a lot of the roads I’ve been on in the States!  However, anything and everything is on that road – for example, pedestrians carrying a building and waving palm branches to indicate that vehicles should pass around them.
The house we are staying in is one that another missionary lives in, except they’re on furlough.  The Harmattan season just passed.  That’s when the winds from the northeast blow the sands from the Sahara desert to the coast.  You can guess what everything looks like!  It reminded me of the red dirt in Georgia. 
The last few days have been setting up house and cleaning.  Today the worker that does the yard came, and I’m praising the Lord he also is responsible to sweep and mop the house.  We only had bleach so it smells like a hospital in here now, instead of a dry, dusty attic.  I even got to put my clothes away today. 
My favorite part of the day is the cold shower I take twice a day.  Glory does that feel good!  I do get to sleep in the room with the A/C for 3 months before we swap out.  Then it will be Kristine’s turn. But I’ve been told that will be the rainy season, and people actually sleep with blankets.  Wow!  That’s a glorious thought. 
Tomorrow I hope to get a phone.  I can call the States for about 10 cents a minute.  Still hoping to get skype working.  An IT guy is supposed to come to check on the internet. 
Okay – it’s my favorite time of the day!  Thanks for praying for me.  I’ll do my best to keep up with the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Still trying to figure out how this all works! good to hear you are doing good
    Ed and Kim

    ReplyDelete