Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Questions I ask myself

 So, do you think the IRS will have any problems with listing a machete as a deductible?  We are allowed to count lawn-mowing services, and the yard guy cuts the lawn with a machete. 

Should I be grossed out when 5 or 6 moths fly out from the cereal box I’ve been eating out of for a week?  Don’t worry, I’m eating more than cereal – and I don’t mean moths and cereal!

Should it bother me that on the beach where I’ve just been swimming (okay, splashing, since I swim like a rock!) I find a bunch of white shell-looking things, and when I ask what they are I’m told they’re sharks teeth?

Should I be suspicious when the police pull over the taxi driver I’m riding with, and his first reaction is to get out his money instead of his drivers license?

Should I be worried when I try to put on my seat belt in the taxi because the game of ‘chicken’ he seems to be playing is making me nervous, but when I look for where it should be it has been removed?  Only the driver has a seat belt.  Me, a former trauma nurse!  Me, who harps on all my passengers that they must wear a seat belt before I’ll start the ignition! 

There's a new sense of 'normal' in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how cultures can be so different. Glad you have a good sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Becky, after Sharil read you post, she is wanting to gather a care package to send to you of some of those hard to find items. If you would e-mail me your shipping address, within the next few weeks, Cheerios, for sure, will be on their way. My e-mail is The ladies will be gathering soon.

    ReplyDelete