Thursday, February 10, 2011

Visas!

Hallelujah!  Kristine called today with good news - she got the same visas I received - 2 year, multi-entry for Ghana, 1 year multi-entry for Ivory Coast.  Now we wait to hear from the travel agent.  In the mean time I'm trying to figure out how to pack to live someplace I've never visited! 
When I attended BBTI (Baptist Bible Translators Institute), I went to school with the Charlie Luther family, missionaries to Takoradi, Ghana.  They are 6 hours drive from Bingerville, Côte d'Ivoire.  In fact, they even took some transformers into Ghana for me when they sent their container.  We were hoping to see each other on the field someday.  Wouldn't you know it that the Lord knew I was going to need to go to Takoradi until I could go to Ivory Coast??  Yep, that's the city where Kristine and I are going.  In fact, the Lord even gave us a beautiful home to rent for the next 6 months.  The house is owned by another American missionary family on furlough.  I think God had this in the works for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Great news. Yes, It sure look like the Lord has been planning this for a while. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been on a blog before! Hope your travels are good, should be a good way to stay in touch. Scary thing is I did without any help! Later.

    ReplyDelete